Service automation is a hot topic these days, and for good reason. In this blog post, we’ll count down the top five reasons to make the switch to service automation.
- Increased Efficiency – The primary reason for automation is to help you be more efficient, which in turn delivers benefits to virtually every area of your company. If you are struggling to keep up with the constant demand for your services, you are not alone. Service businesses everywhere face this challenge, but the good news is there is a solution. Service automation can help you to increase efficiency by minimizing repetitive tasks, giving you more time to focus on more important areas of your business. Service automation also provides a layer of protection against human error. When automated tasks are completed with little to no errors, it can help improve your company’s reputation and avoid costly mistakes. But probably the biggest driver of efficiency from service automation is that it can help your service team get more done in less time. When key tasks and processes of their job can be delegated to software, available hours in the day grow. A prime example of this is TEN4’s service software which allows service businesses to streamline everyday tasks such as technician scheduling, work orders and billing.
- Improved Employee Satisfaction – There are multiple ways that service automation can help improve employee satisfaction. By automating tasks that are currently being done manually, it frees up your team’s time to focus on more interesting and challenging tasks. It can also help employees avoid burnout by reducing the amount of time they spend on repetitive tasks. At the same time, it can help employees feel more empowered, since they’ll have more control over their work. Your employees, especially the younger generation, use technology in so many areas of their lives. They expect technology at work, particularly services apps and software which will make them feel more at ease and productive in the workplace.
- Improved Customer Service – Service automation can help you improve your customer service in a number of ways. When it comes to customer service, speed and accuracy are important. You need to be able to quickly resolve customer problems and answer their questions. Automating your service business by using a good service management software designed for your industry, can help you increase customer satisfaction by providing fast and accurate service. When your service call takers and service team all have access to up-to-date customer information and service history, your customer response time is greatly improved. Additionally, this type of service automation can help you keep better track of your customer interactions. This way, you can quickly identify and solve any problems that arise. Using tools like automated customer notifications keep your customers in the loop without any employee action. When a notification event is triggered, for example when a job is scheduled or the tech is on the way, the software takes care of letting the customer know. By automating these and other types of routine tasks, you can also free up your time to provide more personalized service to your customers. This can help you build stronger relationships with your customers and improve your customer retention.
- Greater Flexibility – With the implementation of the right service automation system, it can make your company more agile. You will be better able to respond quickly to changing market conditions and stay competitive. When you choose a cloud-based service software you no longer have to manage server hardware and you can make your business truly mobile. Effectively, your management and staff have can successfully do their jobs from anywhere. And when your field service team can complete their administrative work in their field service app, know the status of available inventory, order needed parts and supplies all from their mobile device, you can reduce the number of drives back to the office. Let’s face it, service businesses are facing an aging and shrinking workforce and finding talent is becoming more difficult. Service automation can help with this by automating some employee tasks and ensuring that the service team you have is focused on the work that has the highest value to your business. When you speed up internal business procedures it leads to faster decision making and a nimbler business overall.
- Improved Business Growth – By automating your service processes, you can grow your business by acquiring new customers, and retaining existing ones with greater ease. By automating sales and service processes, you can more quickly create professional service estimates which can instantly be converted to a scheduled job, and close deals faster. Automation is also one way to allow a company to enter a new market quickly and effectively. When you have an efficient automated service system in place you can quickly scale to meet demand and expand your reach. And when your staff have more available time because you have automated their repetitive tasks – this is an effective way to expand and grow your business without having to increase head count.
The benefits of service automation are clear. If you’re not already using automation to improve your business, now is the time to make the switch.
Want to see for yourself the benefits that TEN4’s service automation can offer your company? Click here to get in touch and schedule a free trial to field service software built to help service business become more efficient and profitable!